Boysen Memorial 2023 takes place June 28th at Bislett Stadium.
The meet is part of World Athletics Continental Tour Bronze, which is a C category meet.
Category C gives the following additional points for ranking after placement:
1st. 60 2nd. 50 3rd. 45 4th. 40 5th. 35 6th. 30 7th. 27 8th. 25
Women: 100m – 200m – 400m – 800m – 5000m – 100m hurdles – 400m hurdles – Javelin – Triple Jump
Men: 100m – 200m – 400m – 800m – 5000m – Discus Throw – Hammer Throw – Long Jump – Pole Vault
Prize money amount is 30 000 EUR in line with World Athletics Continental Tour Bronze Meeting guidelines.
1st. 1000 EUR, 2nd. 600 EUR, 3rd. 400 EUR, 4th. 300 EUR, 5th. 200 EUR.
Women: Two of the disciplines, will be announced later.
Men: Two of the disciplines, will be announced later.
1st. 500 EUR, 2nd. 400 EUR, 3rd. 300 EUR, 4th. 200 EUR, 5th. 100 EUR
Women: The rest of the disciplines that are not A-category, will be announced later.
Men: The rest of the disciplines that are not A-category, will be announced later.
The prize goes to the male runner who equals or beats Audun Boysen’s legendary record of 1.45.90 on 800m, a time that stood as the Norwegian record for 37 years. The award will also be given to women who run faster than 2.01.00. The price is 10,000 NOK. Only one person per gender can win the award each year.
Foreign participants will be deducted a 15% tax fee. Prizes will be paid out by invoice sent by athletes agent, club or federation.
Foregin athletes Liaison
Phone: 0047 928 99 929
Phone: 0047 452 04 125
WaveLight Technologies will be used for pacing. With this system we will be able to set up to several paces on each of the middle and long distance races.
Bibs, final confirmations, personal throwing implements and call room.
Distribution of bibs, final confirmation (only track-events) and control of personal throwing implements no later than 90 minutes prior to event start in the technical information centre (TIC), located below the stands, close to the finish line.
Address: Louises gate 1, 0168 Oslo
Entrance from Martinius Lørdahls plass. We encourage you to use public transportation to the meeting.
- From Oslo Central Station: Tram 17 and 18, north bound, to Bislett. Schedule and map here.
- From Scandic Solli Hotel: Buss 21, eastbound, to Bislett. Schedule and map here.
We remind you that Bislett Stadium is an environmentally friendly arena, and ask everyone to contribute to recycling at the stadium.
Athletes are accommodated at Scandic Solli hotel, 10 minutes from Bislett and 5 minutes from the Royal Castle.
0254 Oslo – Norway
We encourage all visitors to travel environmentally friendly by using public transportation. Athletes whose transport and accommodation are covered will be reimbursed for any public transport costs.
The Airport Express train (Flytoget) is by far the fastest and most environmental friendly way to get to the hotel and the city center.
Oslo Airport to hotel Scandic Solli
- Take the Airport Express train that has the final destination Drammen.
- Get of at the station Nationaltheatret.
- At Nationaltheatret, take the exit directed Parkveien/Henrik Ibsens gate.
- From the exit you have a two minute walk to Scandic Solli (Address: Parkveien 68)
Public transport from Scandic Solli to Bislett Stadium
Tickets for public transportation (24 hours) will be handed to invited athletes at check in. The ticket enables you to travel by bus, tram, Subway, train and boat in Oslo.
From Scandic Solli Hotel, there is a three minute walk to the bus stop. The bus departures every 8 minute.
- Walk to Lapsetorvet, as shown here in Maps.
- Take bus 21 Helsfyr, eastbound, to Bislett. Schedule and map here.
- Jump of at Bislett Stadium.
At the hotel: 07.00 – 10.00
Lunch and Dinner
At “Deilig Sushi” around the corner from the hotel. Invited athletes will get a coupon for use at the restaurant. Coupons are valued 150 NOK, orders above the coupon amount will have to be paid by oneself.
Aafter the meet there will be a barbecue for all athletes. This event will take place in the Seb Coe room at Bislett Stadium.
Physiotherapy at Tjalve Sports Club’s training centre from 9-16 Tuesday and Wednesday. Drop in or send a Whatsapp-message to 0047 45204125 (Matias).
Adress: Underhaugsveien 1, 0354 Oslo.
- Bislett stadium will be open for training kl 15-21. Entrance from Sofies gate 38 (see map below).
- For invited athletes, Weightlifting-facilities and treadmills at Tjalve’s training centre (see map above). Drop-in until 16.00. From 16.00-22.00, please make an appointment to use the facilities on Whatsapp 0047 45204125.
- Bislett stadium will be open for training from 12.00-15.00. Entrance from Sofies gate 38 (see map below).
- For invited athletes, Weightlifting-facilities and treadmills at Tjalve’s training centre (see above). Drop-in until 16.00. From 16.00-22.00, please make an appointment to use the facilities on Whatsapp 0047 45204125.
Thursday and Friday
Please contact Matias on Whatsapp 0047 45204125.